NEXT 4 WEEK SESSION JANUARY 25 – February 15, 2018
$46 for 4 weeks or $15/drop in
Join us Thursdays 4:00-5:00 PM.
Advance registration recommended. Call 417-883-5180.
In our culture, children live in a world of hurriedness, chaos and stress. Children face pressures of standardized testing, academic and sport competitions, and the electronic world. It can become increasingly more difficult for kids to find balance in their lives. Yoga Kids provides an opportunity for children ages 7-12 to learn stress-relieving tools with beginners yoga that they can carry with them as they move into adulthood.
Yoga Kids classes will include poses, movement, anatomy, breathing techniques, and cooperative games as well as lessons on Gratitude, Friends, Relaxation, Anatomy, and Nutrition.
The class environment will naturally support and reinforce children’s innate ability to slow down, learn, focus, and succeed. Each child will feel successful and develop confidence through their own experience.
Through Yoga Kids, your child will:
- Learn about their bodies and understand how the body works
- Improve flexibility, strength, and coordination
- Be in a safe place to move and exercise but also slow down
- Learn about nutrition
- Discover and nurture their special gifts and strengths
- Find their quiet space and learn how to use it through all of the changes and challenges of growing up
- Fill up with Calm Energy and Improve Concentration
- Learn to Trust their Instincts
- Become more open to change and ask questions to discover their own answers